theSTORE : Photography Video Tutorials

Photography

When I walked into a room, I immediately made fun of myself. I’d criticize my baggy shirts, oversized arms, and potbelly. You see, before anyone had the chance to poke at me, I took the reigns and did it first. That way, I rationalized, their words would hurt less. As years passed since childhood, I walked a fine line of confidence and first class self-deprecation.

There were moments in my life I didn’t pursue a dream/risk/passion for fear of what others might think…as I write this, I’m still saddened I let things fall by the wayside because of what others might say.

For the past two and a half years, I battled the same childhood fears of what others might think of a new project. This project has been sitting on a shelf the entire time, but I wouldn’t touch it because I wasn’t okay being exposed…fully showing what goes on behind the scenes in my business and sharing the pitfalls–and minor victories–along the way.

Until now.

A few months ago, I shared a photography tutorial video with a group of friends we hoped they’d make it online soon. Well, at the risk of sounding overly excited, THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!! After many hours, crazy video edits, and one too many glasses of vino, theStore has launched.

If you’ve ever wondered what it’d be like to join a photographer for a behind-the-scenes look on a wedding day or an engagement session, now here’s your chance! Join me in a series of video tutorials as I invite you into my crazy little world of lifestyle photography for fabulous people. My approach might be untraditional, but see why my clients have fun and create unforgettable memories through photography.

If I was being honest, I’m scared. Totally freaked the heck out. But if I’ve learned anything from childhood it’s that while I’m scared of what others might say, I’m more scared not to take a risk, jump, and FLY. I hope the same for you.

Stay Fabulous,
j*

comments

1. Ernie E

August 13th, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Right not I am so tempted to purchase the whole series!

2. Kat - RocknRollBride

August 13th, 2012 at 3:34 pm

eeek this is so awesome. GO YOU!

3. Deb

August 13th, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Already bought one! can’t wait to watch! =) congrats on pursuing this next step.

4. Erin L

August 13th, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Ahh! I am so excited about this! 😀

5. Alyssa Milne

August 13th, 2012 at 3:54 pm

How awesome are YOU? I loooooooove this! Thank you so much for sharing all your wisdom. Pure awesomeness.

6. Martine Martell

August 13th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Jasmine, I’m so excited!!! It’s going to be awesome! I’m sure!!

7. Mark Potter

August 13th, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Jasmine, please jump into any and all projects head first, with gusto, maybe a back flip, and without fear… you are flippin’ amazing. I just bought the whole set and love them. Future project idea: J* Alumni Workshop, targeted specifically at past students 😉

8. Allie Miller

August 13th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

So really inspired by what you have done here..
    Again… Genius!
    Great help at many levels…
    <3~

9. Stephanie Lyell

August 13th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Wow. This is pretty exciting…for you and for all of us! You are so giving with your time and talent. I’m pretty excited to check this out!

10. Meredith Sledge

August 13th, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Jasmine, I just read an article that I had to read for my college and it said a true creative mind is one that is always coming up with new things but not only new things. It’s someone who is going out of their comfort zone and helping people see things in a new way. I think you’ve done just that with this and I’m so excited for you!

11. nickelle johnson

August 13th, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I can not wait to watch these videos 🙂 What an awesome idea!

12. Victor Arias

August 13th, 2012 at 4:44 pm

And that’s what makes you such an amazing person/photographer. You’re always inspiring many of us. God bless you 🙂

13. Tarisha Mickel

August 13th, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Kind of amazing! Thanks for doing this! And you’re great, so no worries!

14. Ashley

August 13th, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I already bought several of them over the weekend with the pre-launch. They’re awesome and oh so helpful, and you’re awesome for doing these for us fellow photographers! Thank you so much for really lifting the industry up and sharing your wealth of knowledge with us. 🙂

15. Christa

August 13th, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Seriously….you are a genius! And only $2.99! 🙂 I don’t know how you keep coming up with it, kudos girl!!! Now I need to decide which ones I want to buy…decisions, decisions.

16. Tim Thompson

August 13th, 2012 at 5:34 pm

This is awesome! It’s because of people like you, David Jay and Zach & Jody, and your willingness to share information that the photography industry is seeing change for the better! Keep being who God created you to be!!

17. Katelyn James

August 13th, 2012 at 6:01 pm

You go girl!! Such a gutsy project and I love it!!!!! ps. confession, I may have bought steph’s first look because that was my fav wedding… EVER (besides mine:) and I love them!! Such a creeper, I know:)

18. Janice

August 13th, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Jasmine: I purchased almost every single tutorial. I am so excited that you released the videos and at such a low cost. Every single wedding tutorial I have found is way over my budget. I’m learning from the best now. I will purchase anything you put out there because you are truly genuine and unconventional which makes following you a breathe of fresh air!!! Thank you again for truly caring about us photogs! Peace & Blessings

19. LilyRo

August 13th, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Oh Jasmine, you ROCKSTAR!! Thank you for being such an inspiration and sharing your knowledge. XOXO!

20. gladys

August 13th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

jasmine, you still inspire me all the time. you might be scared at first, but you always make your dreams happen. i love that. congrats on this new project!

21. ashley barnett

August 13th, 2012 at 7:28 pm

SO COOL! These are fabulous. Can’t wait to start buying em! 🙂

22. Shelly L

August 13th, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Jasmine! Simply amazing how you constantly are giving back and helping others gain confidence through your teaching. Only suggestion! You need a BUY ALL button!! 🙂

23. Shelly

August 13th, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Woops! Found the "Buy All" button after I already purchased all of the Engagement videos! Learned my lesson to scroll down before purchasing 🙂

24. Stephanie Stewart

August 13th, 2012 at 7:45 pm

It was so cool to preview these during theFIX Chicago, so glad you took the leap and made this happen! These are so perfect when you need a tip in a pinch! I can’t decide which one I want to watch first! Again, you are making your dreams come true, love that about you!

25. Mark Martinez Photography

August 13th, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Congratulations Jasmine! There is nothing like stepping in to the great unknown. You are a trailblazer and an inspiration.

26. Val

August 13th, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Atta girl!!!!

27. The New Diplomat's Wife

August 13th, 2012 at 9:21 pm

love these, and i’m no photographer. love how you keep finding new and fun ways to keep sharing – and you have a lot to share, ms.! looking forward to all the new surprises you have for us up your sleeve!

28. Ashley Christine

August 13th, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Complete awesomeness!

August 13th, 2012 at 10:49 pm

So proud of you and excited that these are finally released!! Can’t wait to buy and watch them all!

30. Ashley Goodwin

August 13th, 2012 at 11:09 pm

YIPPPPPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

31. Diana Liang

August 14th, 2012 at 1:46 am

Bought a little video and I liked it. You’re so smart. 🙂

32. Francesca Caputo

August 14th, 2012 at 1:49 am

these look awesome! i can’t wait to watch them. thanks for being so generous with your talent and wisdom. i know i’m not the only one that appreciates it.

33. Ana Patino

August 14th, 2012 at 3:36 am

Scared?! You are so creative and using your gifts and talents to bless others!!

34. Wedding Photographer Essex

August 14th, 2012 at 10:16 am

Downloaded two of the video’s yesterday, they were brilliant, your style is so warm and natural. Will download the others later.

35. Becky

August 14th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

It’s crazy to me that someone like you is scared of what other people will say. People all over the country who have never met you love you, want to be you, and only have wonderful things to say about you. I guess it just goes to show that everyone has insecurities.

btw i LOVE your videos and i love the inspiration you are to the industry. You rock!

36. Tamara @ Fishy Face Studios

August 14th, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Love my video purchase! :o)

37. Shannon

August 14th, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I have never left a comment before but I have to say that you are the BEST!! Saying that I love your photography would be an understatement. Same goes for your blog. I’m so glad you made these videos available. Thanks!!:)

38. Jackie Beale

August 14th, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Hi Jasmine, I think one other video you should have available is how to photograph family formals, or how to light them if they cannot be done outside. It is something I’m trying to get better at 🙂 Thank you!

39. Amy

August 14th, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Jasmine, so pleased you did this, love them all – thank you! 🙂

40. Jacqueline fronters

August 14th, 2012 at 11:46 pm

The videos are a true inspiration…oh man, they’re awesome. I am learning a lot and you are a great teacher. Thank you beyond words.

41. LEOLAK

August 15th, 2012 at 3:55 am

GO YOU!!! So awesome…big Congrats for taking the leap! These look fantastic! Your last line of your post…well your last paragraph really…I feel you big time there. I’m ready to FLY too! Thanks for always being an inspiration!

42. Martin Mason

August 15th, 2012 at 7:10 am

Fabulous !! …. I’ve bought the lot!
    Keep them coming 🙂

43. Edward

August 15th, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Hi Jasmine i loved your videos, but I was wondering if you still add some topics like, how to shoot pictures using manual mode, composition rules im taking photographs….. I was more hoping on how to shoot on the technical side. Thanks! Keep up the good work!

44. Bobbie Brown

August 15th, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Oh wow! This is awesome – I can hardly wait to check it out!!!! Thanks so much 🙂

45. Kaley Gill

August 16th, 2012 at 1:56 am

Just checked out the store and it is nothing short of fabulous. Keep taking those risks.

46. Tatiana Vargas

August 26th, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Hi! Isn`t there a video clip about the wedding ceremony? I miss that one =/

47. Merinda

August 31st, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Thank you Jasmine!! I think I have bought your entire store:)