YWD Magazine + Girl in a Chair Workshop

I am BEYOND THRILLED to share some exciting news!!! The amazing team at Your Wedding Day Magazine have created a full day of education combining a few of my favorite things: How to editorially shoot, how to submit your wedding work for publication, how to submit your photographs. YWD is hosting the Girl In a Chair Workshop aimed at teaching photographers the How and the Why of magazine and editorial style shooting.

I’m honored to be the featured host and I hope to meet you at this workshop next month! The day will be complete with Editor-In-Chief Thea Lignos-Hargrove and Fashion Director Cathryn VanBreene, along with shooting couture brides for chance of a magazine feature. Just wait till you see what they have in store…it’ll blow.your.mind.

A large part of the day will be hands-on shooting and teaching how I do what I do, along with Thea and Cathryn explaining what they’re looking for and what makes a strong photo. I’m incredibly honored to share this day with people who are just as passionate about fashion/wedding photography as I am!

To get more information on this November 11, 2010 photography workshop, CLICK HERE for more details! And don’t forget the LA/OC wedding industry party the night before…YWD are known for their bashes, so I hope to meet you there and at the workshop!

1. Tiffany

October 20th, 2010 at 5:16 pm

wowie congrats Jasmine! Sounds like it’s gonna be a great workshop..I love when you shoot couture wedding shots 😉

October 20th, 2010 at 5:26 pm

If only I lived closer :-(.. Have a great one!

3. mike

October 20th, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Any chance you could hook up with Chace on this on and get it online???? Serious that would be sweet! I’ve gotten so much out of the five day class, I’ve watched most of it twice so far.

4. B

October 20th, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Can I be the Girl in the Chair? 😉

5. anda

October 20th, 2010 at 5:42 pm

whoa i would love to attend this as i’m wanting to get more into fashion/editorial and ween away from weddings a bit possibly. too bad i’ll be on the road someplace else. i will, however, see you in SF the following week!!! hope there’s another fashion workshop like this in the future!

6. Erin

October 20th, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Me. Me. Pick me. No but really. I’m dying to do this.

7. Ivona

October 20th, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Can we stream this online? =)

8. Raquel Leal

October 20th, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Would sooo be there…but I’m having a baby on the 2nd so I’ll have to pass this time!

October 20th, 2010 at 6:35 pm

It sounds amazing! Wish I could be there!

10. Romonia Isaac

October 20th, 2010 at 6:37 pm

This is amazing J*!!! Congratulations and I know you will hit it out of the ballpark! This will be such a great workshop–unfortunately I cannot attend–but for all of the others that do, have a blast!!! Again, congrats!!!

11. Adrienne Furst

October 20th, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Why oh why must this take place the day before my BFF’s wedding?! I SO want to be there!

12. Sara

October 20th, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Erin and I are there.

With bells on.

Can’t wait.

Absolutely cannot wait. 🙂

13. amanda thiessen

October 20th, 2010 at 7:35 pm

so awesome!!!!

14. gladys jem

October 20th, 2010 at 7:50 pm

umm..holy amazing!!! i wish I could attend this. i would so sign up for this if it wasn’t the week before the biggest day of my life. i hope there is another one in the future. but the good news, i still get to see you the following week 😉 xo

15. Alex

October 20th, 2010 at 7:59 pm

How exciting!

16. Marta

October 20th, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Oh how I wish I could go! This looks fabulous. I’m sure you will do an amazing job. Ditto with the others, an online video to purchase would be awesome.

17. Keri Doolittle Photography

October 20th, 2010 at 8:44 pm

How fun!! What a great idea for a workshop!!

18. Marissa Nicole

October 20th, 2010 at 10:14 pm

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see more of this type of training through online venues like the Creative Live workshop you did. I don’t have $700 dollars to drop on a class in addition to the few hundred a flight, hotel, and car costs, BUT I would love to do more of this kind of learning. Please look into this kind of learning style online more. I am sure the internet community would make it worth your while.

19. Shannon Gray

October 21st, 2010 at 12:27 am

I would love to come, but I agree with the others too! Sounds awesome!! Online download would be sweet! 🙂

20. Melissa

October 21st, 2010 at 1:00 am

Okay. You and this workshop make me want to trade in my "mama to 2 littles" job description complete with laundry baskets, dishwashing detergent and spelling words for the oh-so LOVELY world of photography and beautiful things!

Gorgeous Gorgeousness!!!!

21. Megan

October 21st, 2010 at 2:36 am

OMG, I would LOVE to come to this if I wasn’t shooting a big project the next day! I agree with others though, I would sooooo love a download or a way to watch this live. I shoot more fashion and such inspiration in your posing and writing, so I was very happy to see this wasn’t strictly a wedding workshop. Hopefully I can come or see the next one!

22. Karen Stott

October 21st, 2010 at 5:27 am

Wowza! This is super fantabulous…and I rarely use that word! What an amazing opportunity. Hopefully I will see you there!

23. Chanelle

October 21st, 2010 at 12:36 pm

this sounds great! wish it was in the UK 😉 or in SA in December where I will be for a month. Are you coming to SWPP in London in Jan?

24. Mick Montalto

October 21st, 2010 at 2:02 pm

I was just thinking about how much I would adore the opportunity to learn from you! Of course however I’m not in a position right now to do this.

I’ll have to keep my eyes on the prize and wait for a more opportune time to arrive.

25. Steph MacKinnon

October 21st, 2010 at 2:59 pm

OH MAN – you are now officially hosting the ONE WORKSHOP in the entire world that I would love to attend right now – too bad I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. 🙂
    Congratulations Jasmine – that is super exciting!!!

26. Matt

October 21st, 2010 at 3:27 pm

I hope you take a moment to recognize the Veterans during this conference.

27. Nathalie

October 21st, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Jasmine, this looks so interesting it’s really something I want to learn and do in the future! I would love to attend .. but can you chedule one in Europe the next time?? Have a nice time at the workshop! regards from Belgium!

28. Life with Kaishon

October 21st, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Love the creative name : )
    It sounds so fun.

29. Daniel Mole

October 22nd, 2010 at 2:14 am

Looks like a great workshop, I’m signing up.

30. Ashley Lea

October 22nd, 2010 at 4:05 pm

That’s it. I am moving to California. I am tired of missing out on all this amazingness because I live on the east coast. T.I.R.E.D. This workshop looks awesome! Do you think you and Your Wedding Day could write a blog post with some of the info? We would love you even more!

31. Nicole

October 25th, 2010 at 4:58 am

Ahh! This sounds amazing, but I can’t make this one! Oh, how you have to do this again! Pretty please! 🙂 Have fun!!

32. Holli True

October 26th, 2010 at 4:06 am

Just inquired to Sofia about the availability to this. Working out the schedule and I’m really hoping to attend! 🙂 YAY!