Everything I Know About Chasing a Dream

Everything I Know About Chasing a Dream

Business

My eyes fluttered open and I found myself off-kilter. Which is basically the fancy way of saying I woke up grumpy. The house was silent, my boys were sleeping, and the curtain waved from the breeze at the window, but my brows furrowed. This was strange because I’m normally a happy riser (I’ve been called annoying due to the way I bounce out of bed), yet I found myself in a place of frustration.

I wish I could just move past this point, I muttered under my breath.

Then I clamped my hand over my mouth. I couldn’t believe I said it. Again. I uttered the same words a few years ago when I started my business, a time in life I wanted to quickly pass to ease the discomfort. It’s like I wanted to tell Life, CAN WE SKIP THE VEGGIES AND GO STRAIGHT TO DESSERT?! I later realized those years taught me invaluable lessons…they taught me everything I know about chasing a dream.

I swore to never say I wanted to move past a point in life because I’m destined to learn something important.

So, what did I learn my first year in business?
It’s about working three jobs.
It’s waking up at 5am.
It’s asking for help.
It’s not going out to eat to afford the lens you’re saving for.
It’s asking people to support your dream, even if you hardly believe it’ll become a reality yourself.
It’s standing in line to complete paperwork at City Hall, only to realize you did it wrong…and wait in line all over again.
It’s admitting you’re wrong.
It’s checking your blog and realizing there isn’t a single comment.
It’s writing on your blog again the day after.
It’s losing a client, but finding your voice in the process.
It’s failing.
It’s about doing the work.
It’s criticism from anonymous readers.
It’s failing. Again.
It’s about the small successes that feel like the greatest victories.

The lessons of yesteryear and the lessons I’ll learn tomorrow are the most valuable part of the process…I’m slowly learning to take it for all it’s worth.

comments

1. Mike -

Excellent!

4.11.13 - 11:58 am

2. JB -

I really (really) needed this, especially this rainy morning. Thanks for all the constant inspiration, J*.

4.11.13 - 12:44 pm

3. Ray -

Ahhhh, well said. The best things sure don’t come easy, do they?!

4.11.13 - 1:20 pm

4. Gino -

just needed to say " thank you"…that’s all, just thank you for that reminder..

4.11.13 - 1:55 pm

5. Carmaleta Ann -

Thank you for this!

4.11.13 - 1:56 pm

6. Shalese -

This is so encouraging, Jasmine. Thanks for the reminder that everyone starts with zero blog comments, losing clients, and filling out paperwork wrong. You help me keep writing the next day anyway.

4.11.13 - 2:07 pm

7. cara -

I’m not a photographer (I’m an attorney :D), and it’s posts like these that make me take a deep breath and smile πŸ™‚ Everything you share is translatable to so many different aspects and walks of life –and duh, your photography is gorgeous πŸ™‚ Chomp through those veggies!!

4.11.13 - 2:13 pm

8. Angelica -

Thank you for this post today. I’ve been waking up that same way since last year regarding photography. I want it so bad yet feel so lost 90% of the time. Once I think I have a plan I get pushed back to where I started. I read your blog hoping to get an idea of how to find my way. Thank you for putting yourself out there. You are an inspiration!

4.11.13 - 2:29 pm

9. Lindsey Laughlin -

Jasmine, I woke up saying the very same thing this morning. Discouraged and tired and wondering if I’m just kidding myself about making this dream a reality. Your blog today was God’s way of adjusting my attitude. Thank you for always being so transparent.
    Chasing a dream is one thing – catching it, is quite another.

4.11.13 - 2:34 pm

10. Yasmin Sarai -

Great post Jasmine… speaks straight to my life right now πŸ™‚

4.11.13 - 3:11 pm

11. Rachel McCloud -

Absolutely needed to hear this today. I was just telling a friend how tired of ready I am to leave my day job and be able to do photography full-time.
    Thank you so much for the encouragement and sharing your heart. Here’s to the vegetables.:)

4.11.13 - 3:16 pm

12. Anna Paula -

the one thing that keeps me following and reading your blog is that you always keep it real. Thank you

4.11.13 - 3:18 pm

13. Tiffany Bolk -

I’m totally ready for the dessert! But I also totally agree that in order for my mind and body to be properly nourished I have to eat my veggies. I just feel like I’ve been eating a lot of them lately. But I’m learning so much about myself in the process and keeping my eyes open for my next step!

4.11.13 - 3:18 pm

14. Anna Paula -

The one thing that keeps me following/read your blog is that you always keep it real. Thank you

4.11.13 - 3:19 pm

15. Shebli -

I needed this today! Thank you!

4.11.13 - 3:21 pm

16. Linda Williams -

This is where I am starting my business. I feel like I don’t have a clue. When I go one way it is the wrong way. Here I am no job I keep telling myself it is going to work you just have to keep pursuing.

4.11.13 - 3:21 pm

17. Sherry Sutton -

Just what I needed today. Thank you!!

4.11.13 - 3:22 pm

18. Georgina Stokes -

I love all your open, helpful posts – they inspire so many of us, and help me to focus my goals. For that I’m so appreciative – thank you. :]

4.11.13 - 3:23 pm

19. Cinthia Vallejos -

I liked reading this post.. I really admire the way you have become so "popular" saying it somehow, in this whole world of Photography..
    Knowing about the process you had to experience, makes me feel that is only about the vision and the "I really want to do this" in the heart…
    You inspire me to donΒ΄t give up
    Please keep posting about your process on those early days of JasmineStar!

All the best!

4.11.13 - 3:23 pm

20. Cinthia Vallejos -

You inspire me to donΒ΄t give up
    Please keep posting about your process on those early days of JasmineStar!

All the best!

4.11.13 - 3:23 pm

21. Nina Carmina -

Thanks for sharing this post Jasmine. What you have learned on chasing your dreams are what actually the thoughts in my mind right now, when I decided to quit my job to chase my dream. I felt so low and even cried, thinking all those until I saw your post, I feel like I’m alive and motivated.

You are an inspiration and thanks for keeping us all inspired.

4.11.13 - 3:24 pm

22. Allie -

Yes yes yes! This was much needed today. I’m rounding out my first year self-employed and loved reading this.

4.11.13 - 3:25 pm

23. Ro -

I am so glad you shared this because I still feel this way in my 3rd year now. I never have enough time to learn everything I want to learn NOW! You know I also think of it like strengthening us. We must go through these lessons to build our confidence that we can overcome greater obstacles in the future. But it still isn’t fun, ha! Thank you Jasmine for being so humble and authentic…it is always refreshing!

4.11.13 - 3:25 pm

24. Cambria -

Jasmine, thank you for this post. I just went full time this year and have felt all of those things (mostly always in the same day!). You have been inspiring and so wonderfully helpful to me. Thank you for everything!

4.11.13 - 3:25 pm

25. Joni Schrantz -

Love it. So right on about it. It’s about tenacity. Thank you for your inspiring posts.

4.11.13 - 3:25 pm

26. Sandra Fazzino Photography -

WELL said. I’m in the midst of these growing pains. And I love how you can come to our City Hall & make it look so different than all the other photos we’ve seen. Well done.

4.11.13 - 3:25 pm

27. Rachel Kolb -

Being in these early years myself, I’m going through all of this right now. The failure, the working three jobs, the pinching of every penny to save for new gear, the lack of comments and feedback on my blog . . . but I am pushing forward. Thanks for the reminder that everyone starts somewhere. . . and that my goals really are possible. Needed this encouragement today.

4.11.13 - 3:26 pm

28. Elisheva Glani -

Thanks Jasmine, I needed this!

4.11.13 - 3:26 pm

29. Emma Donovan -

Thanks so much Jasmine, I just sat down with a coffee 10 mins ago feeling unloved overworked but reading that has made me realise im loving every mixed up/ crazy second !
    x

4.11.13 - 3:26 pm

30. Kayla -

Thank You.

4.11.13 - 3:27 pm

31. Kate -

Thanks so much, I really needed to see something like this today!

4.11.13 - 3:27 pm

32. Sage -

This is exactly where I am. Holding back the tears from knowing that this is normal, it’s part of the process. Thanks for showing us that.

4.11.13 - 3:28 pm

33. Karimah Gheddai -

Hey Jasmin,
    Thanks so much for this!!! I am currently in the process of starting my own business and your words could not be truer! You truly are an inspiration, and I love that you are not afraid to share advice with your fans!

4.11.13 - 3:29 pm

34. Casey -

I’m trying SO HARD to embrace my failures, to understand that they’re not The End. It’s good to hear that someone successful, someone I admire, had to walk the same path. Thank you.

4.11.13 - 3:30 pm

35. Joy Moore -

Thank you for posting this.

4.11.13 - 3:32 pm

36. Steph -

You inspire me with every blog post you write! Thank you for sharing πŸ™‚

4.11.13 - 3:35 pm

37. Gena D -

Amen Jasmine!!!

4.11.13 - 3:35 pm

38. Nicole -

Lovely post!! All those are what I’m learning right now too. Must mean I’m going in the right direction!! πŸ™‚

4.11.13 - 3:38 pm

39. Melina Ruiz -

Just what I needed to read today. Thank you. I believe that when coming across moments like these we must always stop and reflect on them . Then we can digest them and move on to the dessert . The veggies are good for us ! ??

4.11.13 - 3:42 pm

40. Martin -

Now you can delete #8 πŸ˜‰
    great post, but I still want to start my own business πŸ™‚

4.11.13 - 3:44 pm

41. Brooke Delatte -

Love this…it’s so refreshing to hear the "REAL" side to photographers you look up to an look to for inspiration.

4.11.13 - 3:48 pm

42. Rand Huneidi -

Jasmine *,

You are such an inspiration to me. I’m just starting out in the photography business and I turn to your blog or youtube videos for help or inspiration to keep pushing on and never give up.

Rand

4.11.13 - 3:48 pm

43. Gen -

I know this all to well.
    It’s about learning how to do your own book keeping, and finding out how many things went wrong.
    It’s about struggle and success all in one, it’s about keeping those dreams alive enough though you feel so lost inside of it!
    Keep up the hard work, one day we will be there!

4.11.13 - 3:53 pm

44. Nicole -

Awesome!

4.11.13 - 3:53 pm

45. Amanda -

Jasmine – I have followed your work for a long long time and if I could attach a picture of my desk with this post I would. Scattered everywhere are quotes from ReStart, your blog, your facebook, anywhere you have said beautiful and inspirational things. For someone who lives on the opposite side of the country from me and who I am quite certain I will never met, you have, and continue to, give me the courage and strength to pursue this crazy thing that is my dream. And that aren’t words to thank you for that.

4.11.13 - 3:56 pm

46. Lisa -

I can’t imagine you having any of these difficulties!!! I’m just starting off and I can relate to all of this, esp the no comment bit! That’s why I’ve left you a comment!

4.11.13 - 3:57 pm

47. Lisa -

What a perfect post for me today! Although my "business" is different, (I’m a watercolor painter trying to grow a business doing custom watercolor pet portraits), many of the lessons are the same. Today I’m stepping waaaaaay out of my comfort zone and meeting with a winery owner about hanging my paintings in her tasting room. I’m very nervous but I’m doing it anyway! Just wanted to let you know that what you write inspires and motivates me.Thanks for sharing what you’ve learned along the way.

4.11.13 - 4:00 pm

48. Kristin Cooley -

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I cannot thank you enough. Being in the first few years of my business and trying just to keep my head above water (while working full time, being a new mom, trying to work out and lose weight, and also tend to our marriage) I really needed this post. Sometimes we just need to know that we’re not the only ones, that someone has been there too or is there. People don’t say it or admit it enough, thank you for always being open, honest, vulnerable, and genuine.

4.11.13 - 4:19 pm

49. Megan Chase -

So perfect! I am in my first year now and couldn’t relate more! Thank you for the extra push!

4.11.13 - 4:21 pm

50. Stephanie -

Thank you for being such an inspiration for others, like myself, that are chasing our dream. Your blog is true motivation every morning for me to keep going πŸ™‚

4.11.13 - 4:23 pm

51. Shelbie -

Today I will post on ur blog and say… Thank you! You push me every day …and make me laugh!! Thanks

4.11.13 - 4:24 pm

52. Kate Callahan -

I love this post. Running a business is not for the faint of heart, that’s for sure. I never realized how hard it would be. But then again, I never realized all the good that would come, too. Thanks for the inspiring words!

4.11.13 - 4:26 pm

53. Tanya -

I needed to read this today! Thank you for always inspiring!!

4.11.13 - 4:28 pm

54. Christine -

Love this post!
    Simple and straight to the point, but good to know your process to becoming who you are today πŸ™‚

4.11.13 - 4:31 pm

55. Anja -

TRUTH. Brutal, honest but most of all encouraging ?

4.11.13 - 4:31 pm

56. Rachel -

Excellent Post!!

4.11.13 - 4:31 pm

57. Christine Ashburn -

I LOVE this! Thanks for sharing Jasmine! It’s nice to know that other successful entrepreneurs have felt the same way too! Inspiration to keep on working hard, learning, growing, and chasing the dream and ultimately success!

4.11.13 - 4:45 pm

58. Deborah -

I have been following your work for a very long time. AS a fellow photographer I have been struggling over the past 3 years trying to find my voice, make decisions like "Is this the right price?", "Am I charging to much?", "Is my dream worth following?" and may more. It wasn’t till I got pregnant last year and realized I have time to just sort things while on Maternity leave, to decide once and for all am I in or out, cause in my opinion you have to be all in to make it work. You have to be willing to take the failures and disappointments, the good with the bad. Thank you for sharing this. Anytime I feel I need a reminder I will have to look this post up.

4.11.13 - 4:51 pm

59. Mehreen -

As a gal starting out in the field of photography and design, I love these beautiful and honest words of encouragement!

4.11.13 - 4:56 pm

60. Barb -

The discouraging sounds encouraging.Thank you!

4.11.13 - 5:01 pm

61. Kristilee -

I am currently working 3 jobs. Two of them our two different photography business… I feel like all of these fit me right now. Running around like a mad woman working 100 hour weeks, why? Because I want to succeed. Thank you Jasmine for this. I respect you for being honest and true all the time. I’m glad I’m not alone.

4.11.13 - 5:08 pm

62. Mark Potter -

It’s no easy climb, that’s for sure. Thanks for always KIR and inspiring – aside from your amazing photography, one of your gifts is definitely inspiring others j*.

4.11.13 - 5:08 pm

63. Realizestate -

Thank you for reminding us that no matter what industry your in, achieving success is universally attained by endurance and hard work. Happy for your success, Jasmine!

4.11.13 - 5:15 pm

64. Nicole -

Sometimes I do things, thinking, if this helps just one person, it was worth the risk. I wanted to let you know, this blog post was worth the risk. It was exactly what I needed to hear today. Thanks J*, for everything!

4.11.13 - 5:26 pm

65. Sarah -

And this needs to be printed and hung on the bulletin board beside my desk. I’m in year three still struggling with year one stuff. Need to bust thru my own limitations!

4.11.13 - 5:26 pm

66. Kaylie -

So true and inspiring! Good to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

4.11.13 - 5:42 pm

67. Brandi -

LOVE THIS! πŸ™‚

4.11.13 - 5:45 pm

68. ashlyn -

Thank you Jasmine… this was so good. Your Restart was so challenging, and helped me to see how to accomplish what I dreamed for. I don’t have much and I’ve got a lot of work yet to do… but you’ve definitely inspired me!!

4.11.13 - 5:45 pm

69. Julia -

Jasmine, you are great, thank you for all you write and show!

Best regards,
    Julia from Latvia, Riga =)

4.11.13 - 5:46 pm

70. Stacia Wilson -

Thank you for reminding us that are perusing our dream, that its hard work but it’s worth it! Thank you for inspiring us!

4.11.13 - 5:52 pm

71. Shanna Duffy -

Beautifully written, and SO true!!!

4.11.13 - 5:56 pm

72. Alexis -

I think that’s wonderful that you overcame those obstacles and grew as a professional to the amazing point where you are today! πŸ™‚ But I have one question, How did you pay your bills during that time? I know you said you worked 3 jobs..what type of work was it? Did you find it difficult to make ends meet? How did you overcome the financial burdens of carving out a unique place for yourself in this world and starting such a successful and positive business as you’ve done?

4.11.13 - 5:56 pm

73. Tatiana Mello -

Dear Jasmine,

I found myself in a time and place that your post describes exactly the fase I’m going through. Thank you for you kind words and a hope that better times will come!You’re such an inspiration!!
    with love from brazil πŸ˜‰
    Tati

4.11.13 - 5:57 pm

74. mhsands -

I’ve been following your blog for some time now, but I must say this touched me in a way I can’t really describe. I am a hobbist photographer (I sure you might hate that terminology, but I don’t know how else to describe it). I guess I have a greater love of it than actual talent. I am a media specialist by trade, photo-hobbyist by heart and an addictionaholic to the core! But, I’m a teacher first and foremost. All the things you "learned" are also the things we learn early in our careers. Thank you for such an inspiring post!

4.11.13 - 6:02 pm

75. Casey -

I definitely needed this post today, thank you πŸ™‚

4.11.13 - 6:05 pm

76. Kat Harris -

this speaks to my soul. thank you.

4.11.13 - 6:19 pm

77. Diana -

Wow. I need this post. Thank you for sharing this. I find myself uttering those words so very many times.

4.11.13 - 6:23 pm

78. Leann -

I Liv

4.11.13 - 6:36 pm

79. Nathan Colley -

Thanks Jasmine. Not necessarily encouraging, but need to hear as I dive into a stage that could have many similar lines.

4.11.13 - 6:48 pm

80. Tess -

so needed to hear this today…dealing with an unhappy client and feeling like a failure…thank you

4.11.13 - 6:55 pm

81. Simon Pearson -

Hello Jasmine,
    Thanks for these words, I am right where you are talking about, I’m just starting up my wedding photography buisness here in France and hearing how someone as succefull as you has been through all I’m going through at the moment helps me to give myself the mental kick up the butt I sometimes need !

4.11.13 - 7:03 pm

82. Bobbie Brown -

My goodness I love this post more than words can say. You Rock J*! Oh, and those two images? They are amazing.

4.11.13 - 7:04 pm

83. Kim -

Ah. The learning. Seems the more we learn the less we know. There’s always something more we could learn. Now, let’s get out of bed and go learn it!

4.11.13 - 7:20 pm

84. Paul Howard -

Well I, for one, am happy to comment. You are a constant source of inspiration and insight, and your wonderful sense of humour makes reading your blogs a true delight. To be as wonderful a photographer as you are on top of that, well, what more could be asked? Just fantastic Jasmine!

4.11.13 - 7:23 pm

85. kassondra -

Thank you for being so open with your struggles. I have been doing photography on my own for a couple of years but really last year decided it was going to be a full time career.last year was amazing and this year has been gong in the right direction but I seem to be stuck in this funk that I feel like I have no idea what I am doing and I am not good enough. your words help in a way that I know even the photographers I admire have had those same fears and second guessing and struggles I do.

4.11.13 - 7:26 pm

86. tracey -

thank you for this post, it is exactly what i needed to read right now.

4.11.13 - 8:04 pm

87. Tanya De Leeuw -

Thanks for this great reminder! I’m going through those "hit a wall" phases. I’ve just got to remember to keep climbing, to be present in the moment, it WILL pass, and I’ll come out the other side all the better for the experience …

4.11.13 - 8:06 pm

88. Jessica Carney -

Love it! Life is about enduring and overcoming challenges. Life is hard but SO rewarding. I think it’s the presence of opposition that provides us with the opportunity to become as God is; Greater than our imagination. Here is to many more moments of embracing our weaknesses and challenges and growing in wild and surprising ways. Thank-you Jasmine for your experience, your stories, your smile and your love of life! Good Luck:)

4.11.13 - 8:06 pm

89. Ela- Studio Finch -

Great post. What wedding are the images from? I love her dress.

4.11.13 - 8:57 pm

90. Jennifer -

This quote has always helped me when I need a swift kick in the right direction.
    " Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe." – Gail Devers

Thanks Jasmine for always helping and posting topics! Your my inspiration and my role model! πŸ™‚

4.11.13 - 10:23 pm

91. Brianna K -

Yes! Thank you for your inspiration always!!

4.11.13 - 10:28 pm

92. Savanna -

Jasmine, thank you SO much for this. I feel a bit like that myself sometimes, just wanting to GET OUT of this point in life. Thank you for the reminder to always always learn right where I am, & instead of being ungrateful, be thankful to God because He has placed me here, right now, for a specific reason. Thank you!

4.11.13 - 11:52 pm

93. Jennifer Hudspeth -

I just want you to know, I have followed you from the time I stumbled upon your blog, somewhere in the 2008 timeframe. I was student teaching, working at Chili’s, living in a new place, planning a wedding, and buying a house. (All while my husband was deployed.) From that time period, until now, I honestly can say – YOU are the reason I never let go of what I really wanted to do. I wanted to be a photographer. Way down deep somewhere in me was a little voice screaming, but I would never listen to it. I had been going to college ALL this time. SPENT all this MONEY. I couldn’t give it up. (Free time equaled second shooting and making models of all my girlfriends.) Two years later, I put it all aside to do what I wanted to do and now I could not be happier!! I did it, or should say, DOING the dang thang. (Insert southern voice here.) There is still the voice telling me I will fail, but I keep pushing on. Each day, or now since I have a little one, every few days, I catch up by reading and rereading your posts. You are truly a motivation. I owe lots of my happiness to YOU and your BLOG – full of likes and comments.

Just wanted to leave LOTS of love today.

4.12.13 - 12:04 am

94. sharon elizabeth -

i love this!!!!!! it’s definitely all of those things!!!! and even years into business.. it’s mostly those things!!! =)

4.12.13 - 1:59 am

95. Jeff -

Thanks Jasmine. This is a very beautiful reminder not just for photographers but for everybody else. SALAMAT <3

4.12.13 - 2:55 am

96. April Maura -

Thanks for sharing your heart and thoughts from your journey. It gives me hope.

4.12.13 - 5:33 am

97. Yemi -

Can I just say, thank you very much for this post. I can say this is definitely something that I needed to hear/read right now. Cheers

4.12.13 - 11:54 am

98. Mercedes -

I wish that part about 5am weren’t true. But I am grateful for coffee πŸ™‚ Thanks for this…the difficult things should also be savored for the lessons they teach…so you don’t have to learn it all over again! Hah!

4.12.13 - 2:47 pm

99. Otto Rascon -

Awesome!

4.12.13 - 3:05 pm

100. Cole -

I LOVE this post Jasmine. Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

4.12.13 - 3:30 pm

101. Summer -

This is amazing and exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you for your honesty, you’re an inspiration!

4.12.13 - 3:30 pm

102. Ashley Rogers -

Thanks Jasmine; I needed this encouragement this morning… and I’m not a morning person. πŸ˜‰ It’s nice to know that I’m not on this photographic journey alone.

4.12.13 - 4:17 pm

103. Nicole -

4.12.13 - 4:54 pm

104. Whitney Lane -

This feels like my life every morning

4.12.13 - 8:33 pm

105. Michelle S Hanks -

Keeping’ it real. Thanks!

4.13.13 - 7:46 am

106. Sky Simone -

Wow Jasmine. Another great encouraging post from you! You know I’m in my 6th year but all of this is an invaluable reminder of what’s important πŸ™‚

4.14.13 - 1:38 am

107. Monica Justesen Photography -

You never cease to give great and honest advice. And you definitely have a knack for good timing, as well ;]
    Thanks!

4.14.13 - 12:11 pm

108. Valerie -

PREACH Jasmine!!!! You said exactly what I’ve been feeling!

4.15.13 - 6:57 pm

109. ashley goodwin -

Hello. My name is Ashley and I woke up real grumpy this morning. And wanted to reorganize the pantry. And wondered why Real Housewives wasn’t on yet. I wanted to curl up and cry because I woke up feeling like I was in a rut. But, I’m not, and I know with faith I will keep going. And maybe someday I’ll get to where I want to be…wherever that is. xo

4.15.13 - 8:38 pm

110. Andrea Rhodes -

Jasmine, thank you so much for everything you do. I am a beginning photographer (in my 2nd year of business) and I tend to get discouraged a lot. Watching your videos and reading your blog has been SUCH an encouragement to me. Not just encouragement, but education. You have been been my teacher and mentor for close to a year now.
    I read your posts all the time but have never commented. I just thought I should tell you what you’re willingness to share has done for me. THANK YOU!

4.16.13 - 2:11 pm

111. Monika Greenaway -

Fantastic! Oh so hard, but oh so true.

4.16.13 - 5:14 pm

112. Falcon -

This post really resonated with me, thank you Jasmine πŸ™‚

4.17.13 - 4:57 am

113. moi -

Just what I needed to read today, thanks J*

4.17.13 - 2:32 pm

114. Chloe Austin -

Great post. I agree with all the lessons learned and would probably add fail, again! πŸ™‚

4.17.13 - 5:05 pm

115. Thiago -

Wow. I can only say that Cincinnati wedding photography has a lot of catching up to do. You’ve done some amazing, fantastic work here, can’t wait to see more!

4.17.13 - 5:18 pm

116. Sarah -

Thank you for your support from those of us who will be stronger because you thought to share these moments. It helps VERY much x

4.17.13 - 7:28 pm

117. Kendra -

I love you! Of course I do…I mean, you can read my mind. That’s a pretty special gift. πŸ™‚

4.18.13 - 11:07 pm

118. Faye -

I appreciate the honesty. Everyone struggles with this. Everyone can use a reminder to keep going and working towards those dreams.

4.30.13 - 9:00 pm

119. Hannes Uys -

I agree with these!

5.29.13 - 5:49 pm

120. Orchid Kruse -

This is exactly what i needed. I’m coming up to my first year in business on 1st July and although it has been hard (more so emotionally), I have had those small successes that make me realise I am making progress. Looking at your successes and confidence make me realise that it is hard, but you have to shake the negativity off and move forward, because that’s what winners do! πŸ™‚

6.8.13 - 12:32 am