Freedom Tour : San Francisco

Freedom Tour : San Francisco

Photography

I’m sitting in my bed. At home. Very sick. But really, really content. JD and I flew to San Francisco yesterday and I spoke for the opening of the Freedom Tour…and lemme tell you…it was so much fun! I loved it! Yes, I’m sick and, yes, I likely passed my germs around faster than I could in a petri dish, but it’s all good. I met some amazing people. And if they’re sick today, they’re definitely thinking of me! (Internet, it’s a joke)

My good friend David Jay spoke for a bit and Jessica Claire gave a wonderful presentation, but a completely awesome added bonus was Molly Jenson’s live performance before and after the show…she was awesome and made the night incredible. I love speaking and connecting with other photographers and last night was no exception…I love being a part of this community and I look forward to what the future holds for all of us!

JD was kind enough to capture photos from the evening’s presentations…

…and he totally thought he was a legit paparazzi…

And, really, why do all my presentation pictures look like I’m using sign language?

Happy Wednesday!

comments

1. Christina Sloan -

too cute… glad you all had a great time. In Nebraska? Someday… Someday!

6.16.10 - 9:56 pm

2. Peyton Cooke -

I wish I was able to attend! I LOVE San Fran! 🙂 I hope you feel better!

6.16.10 - 9:56 pm

3. Tammie -

It was nice seeing you speak last night. Drugs, no drugs – you were on fire and it was great to watch, listen and absorb. Take care of yourself & hope you’re feeling better soon 🙂

6.16.10 - 9:59 pm

4. Dawn McCarthy -

Pictures just look better on your Blog. No really. They do. : )

6.16.10 - 10:23 pm

5. jamie delaine -

Cute photos Jasmine! DJ looks skinny. Must be all the soy chicken you’ve been feeding him. DJ, if you read this, you should go eat a steak. 😉 HAH!

6.16.10 - 10:32 pm

6. LEOLAK -

I talk with my hands ALL THE TIME!!! It’s the cool thing to do so don’t worry about it!

6.16.10 - 10:34 pm

7. Lydia -

So sad I wasn’t able to go! But I know you all did amazing as always!

6.16.10 - 10:49 pm

8. Henry Sun -

Your talk was in-‘sight’-ful. B-) Thanks for coming out – even though you are not physically 100%, the ‘impartation’ was 110%. Just the right dose for what I need in this season. Thanks to you, JD, and DJ. Cheers’nBlessings – {h}

6.16.10 - 11:04 pm

9. Candace Prokopets -

I was so bummed when I found out we’d be out of town during your visit. It looked like a fabulous night! Feel better!

6.16.10 - 11:23 pm

10. gladys jem -

you were hilarious last night, but inspirational as always! i wish jd captured a photo of you dancing and singing "im a showiteer!" 🙂 xo

6.17.10 - 1:46 am

11. Megs -

It was amazing listening to you speak (especially with the hands) and when appropriate throwing blame on the drugs 🙂
    Thank you for the goofy photo! Jihan was amazed how composed I was meeting you since we’re such J* girls up here in the Northbay. It was either that or I get all dorky and start screaming like a fan girl. I opted for being composed so I wouldn’t be ask to leave haha.

6.17.10 - 2:24 am

12. Cindy -

Thank you for coming out and sharing your passion for photography. You are such an inspirational person and a amazing speaker. You=Fabulous

6.17.10 - 2:38 am

13. angel pope -

I’m telling you, you are a hard woman to photograph when in action! You are so quick and use so many facial expressions while talking with your hands! But we love it. And kudos to JD for being able to capture it! 😉 Luvs!

6.17.10 - 2:41 am

14. Melissa Papaj Photography -

I am sure it was wonderful. I wish I could have been there.

6.17.10 - 3:26 am

15. Patrick Farrington -

Jasmine, you look like you’re speaking in sign language because you are, it’s just that it’s a language that only you know. Don’t sweat it though, I do the same thing. Sometimes it’s dangerous to be around me when I get on a roll and am holding a full glass.

6.17.10 - 4:08 am

16. shannon Cunningham -

girl, you were too funny! but very inspirational! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

6.17.10 - 6:45 am

17. Alexandra -

I wish I could have been there!!! You’re an awesome public speaker!

6.17.10 - 1:51 pm

18. Stephanie Riedel -

I was there !!! You have inspired me to be more confident and really go after what I want……What do I have to loose ? I love how you use your hands to talk !!!!! PREACH girl !!!!

6.17.10 - 4:42 pm

19. Karen Stott -

How fun of you! And you’re so brave to wear white pants….I’m certain I would have peanut butter or car dirt all over if I did that!

6.17.10 - 10:45 pm

20. life with Kaishon -

I love the paparazzi pictures : )

6.18.10 - 5:41 pm

21. Nicole Evans -

I, too, was present, and after I wiped the "stars" from my eyes and stopped drooling over you, Jessica, and "Dr. Jay", I came away fully inspired and encouraged… a much needed boost. Thank you for sharing! WORD!

6.21.10 - 12:12 am