Freedom Tour : San Francisco

I’m sitting in my bed. At home. Very sick. But really, really content. JD and I flew to San Francisco yesterday and I spoke for the opening of the Freedom Tour…and lemme tell you…it was so much fun! I loved it! Yes, I’m sick and, yes, I likely passed my germs around faster than I could in a petri dish, but it’s all good. I met some amazing people. And if they’re sick today, they’re definitely thinking of me! (Internet, it’s a joke)

My good friend David Jay spoke for a bit and Jessica Claire gave a wonderful presentation, but a completely awesome added bonus was Molly Jenson’s live performance before and after the show…she was awesome and made the night incredible. I love speaking and connecting with other photographers and last night was no exception…I love being a part of this community and I look forward to what the future holds for all of us!

JD was kind enough to capture photos from the evening’s presentations…

…and he totally thought he was a legit paparazzi…

And, really, why do all my presentation pictures look like I’m using sign language?

Happy Wednesday!

1. Christina Sloan

June 16th, 2010 at 9:56 pm

too cute… glad you all had a great time. In Nebraska? Someday… Someday!

2. Peyton Cooke

June 16th, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I wish I was able to attend! I LOVE San Fran! 🙂 I hope you feel better!

3. Tammie

June 16th, 2010 at 9:59 pm

It was nice seeing you speak last night. Drugs, no drugs – you were on fire and it was great to watch, listen and absorb. Take care of yourself & hope you’re feeling better soon 🙂

4. Dawn McCarthy

June 16th, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Pictures just look better on your Blog. No really. They do. : )

5. jamie delaine

June 16th, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Cute photos Jasmine! DJ looks skinny. Must be all the soy chicken you’ve been feeding him. DJ, if you read this, you should go eat a steak. 😉 HAH!

June 16th, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I talk with my hands ALL THE TIME!!! It’s the cool thing to do so don’t worry about it!

June 16th, 2010 at 10:49 pm

So sad I wasn’t able to go! But I know you all did amazing as always!

8. Henry Sun

June 16th, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Your talk was in-‘sight’-ful. B-) Thanks for coming out – even though you are not physically 100%, the ‘impartation’ was 110%. Just the right dose for what I need in this season. Thanks to you, JD, and DJ. Cheers’nBlessings – {h}

9. Candace Prokopets

June 16th, 2010 at 11:23 pm

I was so bummed when I found out we’d be out of town during your visit. It looked like a fabulous night! Feel better!

10. gladys jem

June 17th, 2010 at 1:46 am

you were hilarious last night, but inspirational as always! i wish jd captured a photo of you dancing and singing "im a showiteer!" 🙂 xo

11. Megs

June 17th, 2010 at 2:24 am

It was amazing listening to you speak (especially with the hands) and when appropriate throwing blame on the drugs 🙂
    Thank you for the goofy photo! Jihan was amazed how composed I was meeting you since we’re such J* girls up here in the Northbay. It was either that or I get all dorky and start screaming like a fan girl. I opted for being composed so I wouldn’t be ask to leave haha.

12. Cindy

June 17th, 2010 at 2:38 am

Thank you for coming out and sharing your passion for photography. You are such an inspirational person and a amazing speaker. You=Fabulous

13. angel pope

June 17th, 2010 at 2:41 am

I’m telling you, you are a hard woman to photograph when in action! You are so quick and use so many facial expressions while talking with your hands! But we love it. And kudos to JD for being able to capture it! 😉 Luvs!

14. Melissa Papaj Photography

June 17th, 2010 at 3:26 am

I am sure it was wonderful. I wish I could have been there.

15. Patrick Farrington

June 17th, 2010 at 4:08 am

Jasmine, you look like you’re speaking in sign language because you are, it’s just that it’s a language that only you know. Don’t sweat it though, I do the same thing. Sometimes it’s dangerous to be around me when I get on a roll and am holding a full glass.

16. shannon Cunningham

June 17th, 2010 at 6:45 am

girl, you were too funny! but very inspirational! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

17. Alexandra

June 17th, 2010 at 1:51 pm

I wish I could have been there!!! You’re an awesome public speaker!

18. Stephanie Riedel

June 17th, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I was there !!! You have inspired me to be more confident and really go after what I want……What do I have to loose ? I love how you use your hands to talk !!!!! PREACH girl !!!!

19. Karen Stott

June 17th, 2010 at 10:45 pm

How fun of you! And you’re so brave to wear white pants….I’m certain I would have peanut butter or car dirt all over if I did that!

20. life with Kaishon

June 18th, 2010 at 5:41 pm

I love the paparazzi pictures : )

21. Nicole Evans

June 21st, 2010 at 12:12 am

I, too, was present, and after I wiped the "stars" from my eyes and stopped drooling over you, Jessica, and "Dr. Jay", I came away fully inspired and encouraged… a much needed boost. Thank you for sharing! WORD!