Kisses+Disses : Question Mark or Period

I ran around the house feeling the weight of everything that had to be done before my deadline. Oh, have I mentioned how much I love deadlines? I make deadlines for deadlines, so don’t mess with me and my calendar. As I hurriedly stuffed items into a bag, I conversed with JD while he sat in an adjacent room. I went on and on…and then said, I think I talk too much

And here’s where the story diverges.

Here’s my version:
…and then said, I think I talk too much, and JD replied, You do.

Here’s his version:
…and then said, I think I talk too much, and JD replied, You do?

Oh yes, Internet, my husband just played the Question Mark Game. The one where a guy insists he ended the sentence with a question mark–not a period–to get out of a sticky situation. By ending it with a question mark, he acted like he was shocked to hear such a thing. YOU? TALK TOO MUCH? NEVER!!

It hurt my feelings (to be honest, I think I was having an overly sensitive day…I cried at a Folgers commercial earlier that day), and he apologized. And then he said he didn’t mind me talking so much because he was a great LISTENER. Riiiiiight.

Now it’s time for another installment of Kisses and Disses

This week’s DISSES go to…
* Question marks. Obvi.
* Project Runway. Is it just me or is this season uber boring? It feels like a burlap dress.
* Folger’s commercials. Now that the holiday season is upon us, those promos make me all teary-eyed and emo.

This week’s KISSES go to…
* Sunset. I watched a full sunset yesterday and I was reminded to do it more often.
* Sparkling water. It’s my most favorite drink and I’m annoyingly addicted to a glass of Perrier. Every.single.night.
* Modern Family. This show just makes me laugh…and I can’t help but think JD is my own Phil Dumphy. Go ahead, be jealous.

Happy Wednesday!

1. ANDA

November 16th, 2011 at 4:25 pm

hahahaha, your kisses & disses always get me laughing so hard that tea or coffee nearly comes out my nose. i also love modern family so much and AGREED about project runway. the talent is just … not talented. or maybe just … not interesting?

2. Adriana Morett

November 16th, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Oh, Jasmine I love you and your blog SO much! PLEASE never stop writing it! xoxo

3. Crystal

November 16th, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Oh how I understand about the coffee commercials!!! Hallmark commercials get me too! Modern Family is also one of my favorite funny, light-hearted shows! I have been watching your youtube videos this week getting inspired! I totally admire your work and your work ethic and would love if you could ever find the time to bring yourself to Lexington, Kentucky!

4. Derek James

November 16th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Modern Family great show! Do you watch Everybody Loves Raymond or The Office? Those are great shows!

5. Jordanne Fallon

November 16th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I agree about Project Runway, except I do love Anya’s designs… if only you could wear tropical dresses year round.

6. CW

November 16th, 2011 at 4:31 pm

🙂 Thanks for the smile this morning 🙂 and JD thanks for that. I may just try that when my foot is in my mouth 🙂

7. Abby Grace

November 16th, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I finished your magazine over the course of two workdays by hiding it in my lap under my desk. IT WAS SO FRIGGIN AWESOME.

8. Malvina

November 16th, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Oh +1 for Perrier! Try it with lemon juice on your next sunset 😉

9. Rachel Tatem

November 16th, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I totally know what you mean with the ? game. My husband does it too. But when he usually does it he is being UBER sardonic… which is like a slap across the face. I mean, we know we do whatever it is… but you don’t have to be mean about it! ;P

10. Malvina

November 16th, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Oh +1 for Perrier! Try it with lemon juice on your next sunset 🙂

11. B

November 16th, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Phil? So that would make you Claire. Obvi. 😉 At least Matt didn’t compare you to a mix between Cam and Gloria. Yeah, that’s bad.

12. Laura Fiore

November 16th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Does JD use his sexy voice when he "says" he added the ? because my hubby always gets a sexy tone when he’s playing that game…sometimes it distracts me, LOL

13. Tara

November 16th, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I Love modern family!

14. Kristin Smetona

November 16th, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Okay I can’t help myself…Woot Woot! For the sparkling water and Modern Family! 🙂

15. Uche

November 16th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

LOL@ question marks & periods…but seriously this post made me stare at the calendar for a split second. It’s Wednesday today.?! LOL!!

16. Laura Kelly

November 16th, 2011 at 4:57 pm

There aren’t nearly enough gay personalities on Project Runway this season…!

17. Amy M.

November 16th, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Your Kisses & Disses crack me up! Thanks for the laugh today – I needed that 😉 Keep on talking – you’re fabulous!

18. Justina Mikalik Photography

November 16th, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I LOVE modern family! Took a few episodes to get the hubby to love it.

19. Dana

November 16th, 2011 at 5:23 pm

totally have to disagree with you on Project Runway! I loved this season! 🙂 xo

20. Roma Czulowska

November 16th, 2011 at 5:29 pm

my palms are sweaty because after being addicted to you your FB and blog finally I found a courage to write to you (it is different to admire somebody from an unseen corner and different to say it out loud in public…). I am an aspiring photographer trying to earn my spot in the ocean full of talentented photographers. It is harder then I expected but I am still trying… So I just wanted to thank you for being present. It is amazing how much positive energy and encouragement you are able to send out through… electronic devices;). As many people before me said you inspire!
    P.S. You are an absolutely Great Photographer with a Soul but sometimes I think that you are even greater writer. I adore your posts! And you make me laugh so hard.
    P.S.2. Sorry for any possible language mistakes. English is my second language.
    P.S.3. Can you please also tell me how many pictures you and JD shoot during the wedding, how many of them you present to the client and finally how many pictures your client receives. Here comes a question from pragmatic part of me…;)
    P.S.4. Say hi to JD!
    Have a gret day!

21. Amy Jo

November 16th, 2011 at 5:32 pm

"What’s the plan Phil?!?" I love Modern Family.

22. Shal

November 16th, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Happy Wednesday, not Thursday! You gave me a moment of panic there 😉

23. LEOLAK

November 16th, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Hilari (that works right?) convo! You guys are too cute. Yes…PR completely sucked this season..don’t get the winner either. really? I love sunsets…they always make me smile! Hope your trip is going well!

24. Lisa Doering

November 16th, 2011 at 5:50 pm

LOVE Modern Family!!

25. Meredith

November 16th, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Your posts really are fabulous. haha, you make me laugh. :]

26. Mitch Kloorfain

November 16th, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Good to know. I may have to verbally use the words’ period’ or ‘question mark’ when speaking as to not be misconstrued. My gender is doomed. Thanks for the laughs!!

27. desiree

November 16th, 2011 at 7:01 pm

I had the same "you talk too much" conversation with my hubby just a few weeks ago! I think it’s a good trait to have…that way, they don’t get bored 😉

28. Dee

November 16th, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I love Modern Family too! <3

29. Joni Bilderback

November 16th, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Modern Family is super hilarious!

30. Christina Dely

November 16th, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I have developed an absurd sparkling water addiction. I go through 5 or 6 a day! Bring on Pierrer or Peligrino! I don’t discriminate 😉

31. Katelyn James

November 16th, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Michael and I had that "do I talk too much" conversation a while back… and I cried and worried I’d over dominate conversations the rest of my life! So dramatic. And Modern Family is an Alsop family fav!!! One week it wasn’t tivo’d and we were heartbroken!!!

32. Denise Prichett

November 17th, 2011 at 12:29 am

Perrier is good. I like club soda too. Because I don’t drink alcohol and I hate it when they serve a coke in a plastic cup during happy hour like I am a kid, I was on a club soda with a bit of lime or lemon kick for a while. It is actually making my mouth water right now. Lol

33. Andrea Paris

November 17th, 2011 at 1:30 am

Jasmine, you obviously haven’t been watching Project Accessorzzzzzzzzzz. I thought this season of Project Runway was great…even dedicated a blog post to employment law lessons from from the show!

34. Belinda

November 17th, 2011 at 2:42 am

OMG. I get the question mark game ALL the time. Boo to that! =)

And yes OMG… Modern Family <3 <3 <3

35. Nancy A

November 17th, 2011 at 4:09 am

My EXPOSED is here my EXPOSED is here my EXPOSED is my EXPOSED is here my EXPOSED is here my EXPOSED is here!!!!!!!!! I"m so excited I’m going to read it RIGHT NOW.

36. JoAnna Johnson

November 17th, 2011 at 4:12 am

Oh my goodness I have been saying that Project Runway stinks all season. I don’t think any of the designers were that great. It was just blahh all season.

37. Shannon Rosan

November 17th, 2011 at 7:41 am

Too cute 🙂

38. Kelly | Purple Lemon Designs

November 17th, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Oh how I love sparkling water!

39. Ginny

November 17th, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Sparkling water? Have you tried La Croix? It comes in many different flavors…and I just love!

40. Michele

November 17th, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Just love you! You are the real deal girl. GO ahead and be you and don’t listen to a word otherwise (even from JD). Hubby’s have a very different perspective of their wives…lol!!!

41. Kristin Nicole

November 17th, 2011 at 10:17 pm

So funny! Love it

42. Scottsdale Wedding Photographer

November 19th, 2011 at 3:52 am

I concur…question marks be dammed!

43. tardy

November 21st, 2011 at 3:34 pm

? game hilarious. so true

44. Brooke Summer Photography

December 13th, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Oh my GOSH my husband totally does that too, and then tries to get out of it! What a brat. 🙂