Curious how you can strategize your marketing plan on TikTok? Let’s dive in!
First off, yes. TikTok is a little wonky to navigate even for the savviest of business owners when it comes to increasing engagement and building relationships. Keep reading to learn why.
>>TikTok was not built for relationships. It was built for interest.<<
What does this mean?
- The TikTok algorithm doesn’t care who you follow or who you engage with.
- It only cares about what you are watching and how long you are watching it.
Their platform isn’t built for cultivating deep personal connections with your dream customer or Ideal Client in a way that helps your business grow.
Allow me to turn back time for a moment to share an example that will help you more effectively strategize for increasing engagement on TikTok…
Towards the end of 2019, Clubhouse, the audio-only platform for conversations, didn’t allow direct messages at the time. What did people do? They directed their followers to connect with them by sending a DM on Twitter or Instagram.
Here’s what happened next…
All of a sudden, people started taking that same behavior to TikTok. This kind of adaptive behavior is a phenomenal example of working smarter–not harder.
>>Learn and take what you don’t have on one platform and strategically carry it over to another platform.<<
Let’s take a look at what this could look like for your TikToks.
- If you’re a coach who teaches how to harness the power of manifestation, you could embed this kind of call to action in your TikTok:
- “Would you like the first ten steps to manifestation? Send me a direct message with the word, ‘Manifest,’ and I’ll send you my FREE guide!”
- If you sell gluten-free wine, you could embed this kind of call to action in your TikTok:
- “Thirsty for a wine that won’t threaten your gluten intolerance? Send me a direct message for a discount code you can use on your first order!”
You could start embedding action items in your TikToks. For example:
At the end of the day, whether it’s a TikTok or a Reel, short-form video remains a POWERFUL way to grow your business. What does this mean for you?
Just begin (or keep going!). Hit record, edit, add a call to action that encourages engagement, and post your video.
Easier said than done? For some, perhaps… but you have a secret weapon.
Want tips on how to increase engagement and sales, and work smarter not harder in your business? Social Curator has you covered.
When you start your Social Curator subscription, every month you receive:
- Group coaching and masterclasses (with myself and other industry experts)
- 30 Caption Templates per month (so you know precisely what to say)
- 5 Instagram Story Templates per month (to make it easier for you to show up)
- A Gallery of 5,000+ Lifestyle Photos (so you always have scroll-stopping photos)
- Daily bite-sized Actions (to boost your engagement on social media)
- A monthly Marketing Action Plan (to educate you on various social media topics)
Click >>HERE<< to start your subscription today, and we’ll see you inside.