Growing up poor, I thought money would fix, well, everything.
- When my parents lost their house, we needed money.
- When we had to take the bus instead of owning a car, we needed money.
- When we spent hours in a laundromat because we couldn’t afford a washing machine, we needed money.
Looking back though, I realize we were happy. It wasn’t easy, but these struggles provided some of my happiest memories.
Graduating from high school and progressing towards college, I chose to become a lawyer with the intention of making good money, thinking that would be everything I needed in life.
>>But that all changed when my mom was diagnosed with cancer.<<
Suddenly, my priorities realigned.
- I moved home to help take care of my family.
- I married my high school sweetheart.
- I dropped out of law school… and left behind a future career that I realized I didn’t even want.
This is a pivotal time in my life that I will forever be thankful for.
Now, as a mother myself, I choose happiness every day in the hopes that my daughter will do the same.
*And friend? I want that for you, too.*
>>Choose a path in life that brings you joy, regardless of the dollar signs that accompany it.<<
Light your soul on fire and do what you were brought into this world to do. Make a difference in the lives of others and leave the rest behind.
Yes, make sure your needs are met… but then? Then I want you to follow where your heart leads and forget the rest
Here's to your happiness, Dreamer!
If you need some help realigning your priorities like I did, check out my free Mindset Makeover Workbook that will help you set things straight. Download it >>HERE<< and get on the path to happiness. I can’t wait for you to feel that freedom, friend.