Have you ever gotten a negative or just downright rude comment?
If you have, you know the feeling you get when you read it – it just sucks the energy straight out of you.
And then you have to decide – do I respond? And if so – how?
I was recently asked this very question – How do you respond to rude comments? – during the Q&A portion of a live speaking event.
Little did the person asking the question know that I had JUST received a negative comment that morning and had to decide if and how to respond.
I shared with this person the three part framework I’ve developed for responding (your girl is no stranger to negative comments) and in this episode, I’m breaking it down for you.
Click >>PLAY<< to learn:
- [00:13] The behind the scenes of how I got invited to this incredible speaking event [JD said the room felt like we were in a bottle of shaken champagne!]
- [04:04] The question I was asked that quieted the entire room
- [04:23] The rude comment I had received on Facebook that morning
- [04:51] The three-part framework I use to deal with negative comments
- [06:44] Why I hope negative comments come your way
- [07:23] How I actually responded to the negative comment I received that morning
Watch the full episode below: